The application documents are available from the Treasury’s website. For convenience, we have also prepared a Word version of the application. Note: the application is the same for publicly and privately traded companies.
- Publicly Traded Companies – November 14, 2008
- Privately Traded Companies (C-Corps) – December 8, 2008
- S-Corporations – February 13, 2009
- Mutuals – No Deadlines Announced
- Bank holding companies should submit their application to the Federal Reserve, with a copy to the primary federal regulator for their lead (i.e. largest) subsidiary bank. The Federal Reserve intends to defer decisions on any shell holding companies to the primary federal regulator of the lead subsidiary bank.
- The Federal Reserve (at least Atlanta) requests that applications be emailed to them, with a signed hard copy to follow. Processing will begin upon receipt of the emailed application.
- Applications to the Atlanta Federal Reserve should be emailed to Ms. Nicky Hennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to Ms. Kate Gaboardi (email@example.com). The hard copy should be sent in accordance with standard Atlanta Federal Reserve rules. Applications to the Richmond Federal Reserve should be emailed to Mr. Wayne Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a hard copy sent in accordance with standard Richmond Federal Reserve rules.
- Applications to the FDIC should also be emailed, based on the state of the institution’s primary office:
- State banks should also carbon copy their state banking Commissioner. The Commissioners are taking an active and helpful role in supporting the Capital Process and Regional FDIC and Fed (for member banks) have indicated an intent to communicate with State Commissioners before making a recommendation to the Treasury.
- Applications for all national banks should be emailed to HQ.Licensing@occ.treas.gov, with questions directed to Fred Finke at email@example.com.
- Applications for federal thrifts and their holding companies must be submitted to OTS through secure e-mail. The Atlanta contact person is Yashica Pope at firstname.lastname@example.org, with copies to the Review Examiner or AD for the institution.