A collection of new banking resources from around the internet:
- Underwater and Drowning? – The Federal Reserve Bank of New York published this blog post about controversial plans for using eminent domain to seize and restructure underwater mortgages.
- Dollars and Cents – The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta brings an old print brochure into the 21st century with this online history of U.S. currency.
- 2013 Key Banking Issues for Congress – The American Bankers Associations provides background on the industry’s top policy issues, including the credit union tax exemption, Basel III, municipal adviser registration requirements and the Volker Rule.
- Map of Underwater Home Mortgages – Zillow provides this interactive map showing the percentage of homes underwater throughout the United States.
- What if the Hubble telescope was pointed towards Earth? – Not nearly as clear as I thought it would be.
For banking-related content from around the web on a real-time basis, follow @RobertKlingler on Twitter.