A collection of new banking resources from around the internet:
- Treasury Announces Next Round of TARP Auctions – The latest round of Treasury auctions includes the first TARP recipients that are currently in deferral on their TARP CPP investments, which could provide significant guidance on the value of a significant portion of the remaining pool of TARP investments. In contrast to earlier statements regarding the intent to allow “all-or-none” bids, the Treasury elected not to permit the submission of such bids.
- Winding Down TARP: A Progress Report – Overall, to date, Treasury has recovered nearly 93 percent ($387 billion) of the funds disbursed for TARP ($418 billion); and TARP’s five bank investment programs have earned a significant profit for taxpayers. To date, Treasury has recovered $268 billion through repayments and other income, which represents a positive return of more than $23 billion compared to the amount ($245 billion) initially invested.
- Economic Indicators Dashboard Updated – Russell Investments updated its Economic Indicators Dashboard, which attempts to provide statistical evidence to establish the state of the economy.
- American Bankers Association Publishes “Business of Banking” – “The Business of Banking: What Every Policy Maker Needs to Know” reviews the basics of banking and provides a foundation for understanding how banking policy decisions affect communities and constituents.
- Dallas Fed Publishes “Financial Stability: Traditional Banks Pave the Way” – Dallas Fed concludes America’s numerous community banks, small and traditionally oriented, demonstrated stability during the crisis and its aftermath.
- Atlanta Fed Analyzes Southeastern Housing Market – Southeastern housing contacts ended on a positive note in 2012.
- The Fed iPad App – An official app of the United States Federal Reserve System is now available for your iPad! According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, “This app is a must-have for anyone interested in the work of the nation’s central bank.”
- 75 Facts About Secretary Geithner – Fact Number 76. You really have to stretch to come up with 75 interesting facts about Secretary Geithner.
For banking-related content from around the web on a real-time basis, follow @RobertKlingler on Twitter.