A collection of new banking resources from around the internet:
- Phoenix Picked Clean, Private Equity Descends on Atlanta – This Bloomberg article looks at the effects that private equity is having on Atlanta’s real estate market.
- Investor Participation in the Home-Buying Market – This blog post by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta looks at the same issue throughout the Southeast.
- OCC Announces New Stress Testing Guidance and Commercial Real Estate Stress Test Tool – The OCC’s guidance provides additional clarity around stress testing expectations for community banks.
- FDIC OIG Report on the FDIC’s Controls for Managing, Marketing and Disposing of OREO – The FDIC’s Inspector General looks at the Division of Resolutions and Receiverships controls for disposing of OREO obtained from failed banks.
- Treasury Announces First Round of “Opt-Out” Auctions – Eleven TARP recipients have been selected to be part of the first round of “opt-out” auctions from the previously announced pooled auction process, and will be subject to individual, modified, Dutch auctions.
- Republican Analysis of Dodd-Frank and Too Big To Fail – Concludes Dodd-Frank resolves neither too big to fail nor financial bailouts.
- Democratic Analysis of Dodd-Frank and Too Big To Fail – Concludes Dodd-Frank resolves both too big to fail and financial bailouts.