January 23, 2012
Authored by: Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
Looking back at 2011, on Wednesday, January 25, 2012, from 2:00 to 3:30 pm EST, the Bryan Cave Payments Team has prepared a “Prepaid Card in Review” webinar for Bryan Cave clients and friends. In addition to an overview of major legal and regulatory events impacting both open and closed loop cards, the Team will offer their views on likely future developments.
We will provide an overview of major legal and regulatory events impacting both open and closed loop cards and other emerging payments, including:
- The “Durbin Amendment” and the subsequent FAQs from the Fed
- Prepaid Access AML regulations
- The CFPB – Current activity and the recess appointment of Richard Cordray
- Abandoned Property – the implications of the New Jersey abandoned property legislation and the recent Third Circuit Opinion
- Consumer Protection Laws – Life after the CARD Act.
- Remote Deposit Capture – Check Cashing or Deposit Taking? Current Views.
- Preemption post Dodd-Frank – recent decisions. Is preemption “dead”?
- Money Transmitter Licensing – Why so many new payment companies are getting licensed: The pros, the cons, and the risks.
- Privacy and Data Security – Are Prepaid & Emerging Payments riskier or safer than traditional payment products?
- Mergers & Acquisitions in the Payments Area – Risks and rewards from acquisitions of licensed money transmitters.