January 10, 2012
Authored by: Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
The CFPB is requesting suggestions for streamlining the regulations it has inherited from other agencies pursuant to the Dodd-Frank Act.
In particular, the bureau is asking the public to identify provisions of such regulations that it should make the highest priority for updating, modifying or eliminating because they are outdated, unduly burdensome or unnecessary, including:
- Certain definitions in Reg E, Reg P, Reg Z
- Annual privacy notices under Reg P
- ATM fee disclosures under Reg E
- Coverage and scope of Reg Z
- Electronic disclosures required under Reg E and Reg Z
Publication of the CFPB’s notice in the Federal Register is available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-12-05/pdf/2011-31030.pdf. Comments are due by March 5, 2012; commenters will have until April 3, 2012, to respond to other comments.